Summer Travel Map

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Final Preparations

April 25, 2007
Peoria, AZ

Today was the day for having a list and checking it twice. I packed the roof pod on the Range Rover, knocked a bunch of to-dos off the list, and finished up the rest of the yard stuff, so there's minimal stuff to do tomorrow before we leave.

My camera upgrade arrived late yesterday, so I spent some time shifting old and new stuff in the camera bag. I've upgraded to the Nikon D200 from the D70. When we get back in the fall, I have a minor repair to make to the D70, then I'll put it on eBay. I'm loving the D200 already.
:-)

In the afternoon, Geri had a Doctor's appointment (don't get me started about having a 1:15 appointment and seeing the Doc at 2:30), then we drove up to Wickenburg (about 50 miles northwest). We walked the downtown (it doesn't take that long) and I was able to snap a few photos with the new camera, then we caught up with Dave Thompson and his friend Bill Reenstra for dinner before heading home. This was "day 3" for Dave's bike ride and they're off to a great start. Details at http://thompsw.blogspot.com/2007/04/april-25-blythe-ca-to-wickenburg-az.html.

No comments: