Summer Travel Map

Sunday, November 18, 2007

A concert to remember

November 17, 2007
Peoria, AZ

Even though we were planning to leave the next day, we had a concert to go to in Phoenix Saturday night. I'm not sure whatever possessed me to buy tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I did. I made dinner reservations at Kinkaid's in the Collier Center downtown (right across the street from the concert venue, the US Airways Center), so everything was close.

We closed up the house in the morning and took everything to the coach. I know I've mentioned it before, but I'd expected the RV park to be closer to home; the 35-to-40 minute ride is what I get for eyeballing it on the map instead of calculating it by computer like I usually do.

We showered and changed, and left the pups in the coach while we went to the concert. Dinner was nice but pricey (to be expected, I suppose). I think that Kincaid's is a chain; we used to have business dinners at one in Norfolk, VA, years ago.

The concert was interesting. Picture yourself in the '80s. Then imagine Journey, Pink Floyd, and Metallica all getting together to put on a concert telling the story of Christmas, with a light show that would make an epileptic seize. Well, that was the first half of the show. The second half was an eclectic mix ranging from a guitar duel between "Jimmie" and "Stevie Ray", a version of Beethoven's Fifth, and music from Charlie Brown. Yikes!

Overall it was fun and interesting, and we were glad we went, even if it was close to midnight when we got home (to the coach). We're definitely not used to that!

No comments: