Summer Travel Map

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A day off in Whitehorse

June 18, 2009
Whitehorse, YT

Some days, you're "on vacation"; some days, you're not. Today was definitely a "not" day. After so many days of go-go-go and see-see-see, most of us needed a "down day". This doesn't mean we didn't do anything, just that we put off the sightseeing and touristy things for a bit.

Geri did a few loads of laundry, and I spent the time puttering around the coach. I applied a little silicone where it looked needed, and put Rain-X on the windshield. Bob was having a problem with his "step out" warning light, so I kibitzed on that project for a bit. Since we were in a park, I pulled out the grill and did some chicken on the barbie for dinner. We enjoyed the day.

I will say that we were somewhat disappointed with the Pioneer RV Park. During the night (what little of it there is here!), Geri heard a noise that turned out to be the coach's power management system clicking on and off. It turns out that the voltage was low, and the system drops power automatically under 104-105 volts. When I got up in the morning, I checked and it was still low, although the site next to us seemed OK. When I went to the office, the clerk tried to tell me that her electrician (50 years experience) told her that 110 volts (not 120) is the standard and anything over 100 volts is OK. I suggested that a new electrician might be in order. She said I could move to the next site but other than that, if I didn't like it I could leave. Nice customer service. It's clear that there are enough people passing through each year in both directions that they just don't care about repeat customers. I'll post an accurate review online.

Other than that, not much to report, other than Bob got a haircut.

No comments: