Summer Travel Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A busy day in the desert

January 15, 2008
Quartzsite, AZ

Today was another crisp, clear day. It was chilly this morning (55°F in the coach this morning when we got up) but warmed up quickly. I think I got some extra sun today, as I can feel a bit of a burn on top of my head (not that hard to imagine, right?). I made a quick trip over to the Post Office. I had to mail our application for a spot at the 2008 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta (couldn’t be postmarked before the 15th). With that as the highlight of the day, you can tell that we’re relaxing!

For most of the day, we just hung out around the coach. I started organizing a big bag of keys I brought to sort through. We had a visit from Roger Berke, who moderates a Yahoo! Group that many of us subscribe to, and enjoyed that. Later in the afternoon, we “circled the chairs” and had some chips and dip with a libation. Dinner was the remaining Filet Mignons from Costco in Indio, with a meche salad and foil-roasted new potatoes. It paired well with a “3 Blind Moose” 2005 California Cabernet Sauvignon. We had a nip of the Johnnie Walker Green after dinner while watching Corner Gas (Dave and Sandy will get that).

Here are a few pictures from today…

http://picasaweb.google.com/GeorgeandGeri/Quartzsite2008Day3

No comments: