Summer Travel Map

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I feel like Alice in Wonderland

Well, folks, for all of you who have ever seen the movie “Mad Max -- Beyond Thunderdome”: that’s where we are!

It is absolutely fascinating. There is no rhyme or reason for the layout of this town called Quartzsite! It is in the middle of the desert with sights to behold that cannot be experienced anywhere. Thousands of RVers descend here during the winter to park free or almost free somewhere. Some people need to be where it’s not too cold or not too hot and enjoy this place in all its glory.

It is like a giant flea market or swap meet. You can find almost anything and everything you were looking for. Speaking of that, I think I will look for one of those hat forms you put on baseball caps to wash them in the dishwasher! Maybe I can find some new rocks to bring home as well.

We saw a whale and a horse drinking water yesterday made out of metal, also I saw a home made RV made out to look like a castle. It was truly ingenious in my book.

No comments: