Summer Travel Map

Friday, May 23, 2008

What, nothing going on?

May 23, 2008
Broad Brook, CT

With the lack of posts, it may be appropriate to assume there's nothing going on. That's been generally true for the last few days, as it's been pretty dreary outside, and I've been nursing a rather bad (for me anyway) muscle pull in my lower back. I think I started to pull something when I was trying to install the new water line in the crawl space under the dining room in the house. Things were a little stiff and sore (the "oh, haven't used that muscle this way in a while" feeling) but I didn't need to slow down. And then, Tuesday evening, I sat down at the dining room table and tried to push the chair out and the table forward at the same time I was sliding onto the seat from the side. All of a sudden, I couldn't move. And when I did, I couldn't find a comfortable position. Until today. Ouch!

So, I took advantage of the weather to catch up on some low impact tasks: working with photo organization, catching up on reading, napping. With the help of my wife (an expert in this area), I had some heat, some ice, some analgesic muscle relaxant (Robaxisal, which we found out about from some Canadian RVing friends; can't get it here) and some Tylenol. Today, I still have a twinge if I move the wrong way, but I'm much better. Now all I have to do is get back in the swing of things without setting myself back.

The weather's supposed to turn for the better over the long weekend, so here's hoping for the best. And a good holiday to everyone, wherever you may be!

No comments: