Summer Travel Map

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Funny Things From The Road

May 9, 2009
Kalispell, MT

Sometimes we see funny signs or other things while we're traveling. Sometimes we're able to get a picture but many times it's just something we see in passing or even out of the corner of the eye. Here are a few we made note of...

Many ranches in the west have elaborate (or just plain large) entrance gates, often made of huge timbers. Some have the name of the place embossed or attached on a hanging sign. Just outside Twin Falls, Idaho, we went by one and out of the corner of my eye I saw the name. Thinking it was a Spanish phrase, my mind started a translation but came up empty. I laughed when I "got" it. The name: "El Rancho Costa Plente".

Today near Glacier National Park;s West Entrance, we passed a little bar called the "Dew Drop Inn". Suffice it to say that this isn't the first one of these we've seen in our travels.

We passed a small upholstery shop called "Sew Exciting". I didn't get it.

As we were rolling through a small town south of Kalispell, I let a pickup carrying what looked like an agricultural tank enter traffic when we were stopped at a light. I noticed his license plate was "P-U-2", and thought it might be a Public Utility truck of some sort. When he pulled off and we passed him, I could see the sign on his door indicating that he was in business pumping out port-a-potties.

At some point, we'll start stopping for pictures of these things!

No comments: