Summer Travel Map

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Lobster Boil

May 21, 2009
Fairmont Hot Springs, BC

No, we didn't have lobster for dinner, although I have been a little surprised at how available they are in stores here (although pricey at C$12-14/kg - well over $20/pound). We did "take the waters" at the pools here at the resort. It was quite nice, with two different temperatures available. The "cool" pool was about 86°F and the "hot" was something like 104°F, so it was necessary to move back and forth, as you shouldn't stay in the hot side too long. After a while, probably two hours, I said "I'd better get out before I get a sunburn".

Ha! I ended up with one of the worst sunburns I've had in 20-30 years! After so much time avoiding a sunburn, I guess I just forgot what it's like and how to avoid it (duh - sunscreen!). I'll be OK in a few days when it peels and heals. If I do get a burn, it's usually on my head, but this time it's my shoulders that took the brunt of it.

Overall, though, it was nice and good for the aches and exfoliation. I'll probably try it again, just with a hat, sunglasses, and a thick layer of sunscreen.

No comments: