Summer Travel Map

Friday, January 15, 2010

No more "marking your territory"

January 15, 2010
Peoria, AZ

Some things are never easy. I called W. W. Williams to check in on the coach late in the morning and they had just found the needed gaskets ($26 for the set of three needed). Geri and I used the time to make a shopping circuit: Total Wines (no wine this time, just some of that Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale that I had in Florida), Costco, and Sprouts (local specialty grocer). With a full cooler, we stopped at home for a drop-off, then finished up at Wally World before heading to pick up the coach. Turns out the delay was because their power washer is on the blink and they really wanted to steam clean the transmission. I told them to clean it up the "old fashioned" way, verify that the gasket repair worked, and we'd take the coach.

So, off to storage we went. After dumping the holding tanks and giving things a good flush (the primary reason we didn't want to let it sit in service and "ferment"), the coach was back in its designated spot. As I was dumping, I noticed some oil and dirt on one of the tag axle wheels, so I'll have to check that out to see if I need to replace the end cap seal or if it needs to go back to the shop for an axle seal. It's always something.

We've found that Sprouts gets (or claims to get, anyway) fresh fish six days a week, so that was on our "wish list". Geri picked out a couple of nice pieces of Chilean Sea Bass and found a recipe involving a broccoli-tomato risotto. Paired with a nice Tempranillo from the Santa Ynez Valley, we continued to eat well and have good success with the "drink me now" bottles.

No comments: