Summer Travel Map

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Deja Dentist

March 25, 2008
Peoria, AZ

Catching up on the last few days, Sunday dinner was great and yesterday was a day for getting some errands out of the way before [cue scary music] the next round of dental work.

We had a nice Easter dinner with Ana and Larry on Sunday. The wine was flowing and fit with the rib roast nicely. They brought a Chalk Hill Chardonnay from 1996 which was very nice with some bottle age on it and a Napa Zinfandel from Peju. We also opened a 2005 Badge Pinot Noir (excellent flavors on a lighter-than-expected base) and a 2000 Chateau Potensac (another of the 2000 Bordeaux purchased as futures that’s ding nicely now).

Yesterday, we did some errands for our neighbor, Clisby, since she took a tumble over the weekend and needed an assist. I spent most of the afternoon finally getting started on the eBay Project. I pulled out several boxes of stuff that’s been accumulating, and started the process of photographing, weighing, and describing each item. It’s not hard, just tedious. I’ve tried to set up batches of stuff and work it like an assembly line. I take the batch of pictures first and download them, then use their sequence to drive the weigh and write steps for each item. I’ve gotten reasonably good at estimating total weight and package size from the unpacked weight, since these items are needed to complete the eBay posting. I was able to get about 1/3 of the batch posted yesterday (two sales already!), and I’ll tackle the remainder this afternoon.

We’re back at the dentist for Geri’s second set of dental implants this morning. Like most things these days, a plan is just a plan until you have a new plan. Before he inserted the implants, the periodontist concluded that a) tooth #3 (to the rear of the implant site) has a growing abscess and is loosening, b) tooth #3 would be likely to give her problems while we’re on the road over the summer, and c) the space between #3 and #6 where the two implants would go it too cramped. Bottom line: we need to add extraction of #3 to the day’s activities, on the fly. It remains to be seen why we weren’t able to figure this out before between all the visits to both dentists over the last few months. I’m not too happy…

She’ll be resting (hopefully comfortably) for the rest of the day, which will give me the time to work on the eBay stuff. It’s supposed to be another warm day, with temperatures in the low-90s, so indoor work makes for a good plan. Before I do that, I’ll try to resurrect my desktop computer, which suffered some kind of failure last week. I use it for Photoshop, scanning, and as a backup, so it hasn’t been critical but still needs to be addressed.

The forecast calls for cooler temperatures (low-80s) later in the week, so I have Thursday and Friday earmarked for working on the coach. I have a list of simple items (e.g., adding an outlet for the central vacuum to the storage bays, adjusting two valve stems to ease access for checking and inflating, installing the HDTV over-the-air antenna booster we bought at one of the rallies) that will take about half a day. With the cooler temperatures, I’m also hoping to get the roof cleaned and sealed as well. I’ve allocated 1-2 days each week to getting things ready for summer travel, so we should be in pretty good shape. I have some parts on order (spare fuel filters, furnace maintenance kit), and they should trickle in later this week.

No comments: