Summer Travel Map

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Quick Updates

March 25, 2008
Peoria, AZ

  1. Geri did great at the dentist, in spite of needing an unscheduled extraction and partial bone graft to make everything "fit". She's resting and still somewhat uncomfortable, but doing well.
  2. The tower PC is going to remain disabled for a while. :-( A heat sink on the motherboard fell off and fried the video card after knocking another part off on the way. I tried another video card, but got the same result. Of course, it could have damaged the monitor as well, since that doesn't seem to want to accept any connection. I'll have to replace the motherboard and test with the two video cards before I can tell if the monitor has failed. None of that is going to happen until Fall at the earliest. I'm pretty sure that the Photoshop work I wanted to save is backed up on the internal 250 mb IDE drive, and I ordered an external USB enclosure so I can connect that drive to the notebook PC. I started researching options for accessing the SCSI drives, but that will have to wait...

No comments: