Summer Travel Map

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Photoshop Tricks

March 1, 2008 - Yikes!
El Capitan State Beach, CA

I've been playing around with Photoshop and finally figured out how to use the "photomerge" function. Bill Crawford, who we met at Quartzsite in January, used Photoshop "Elements" (I think) software to blend several pictures together into a panoramic view. I have an older version of Elements at home, but it's not installed as I never really used it. I figured that Photoshop might have the same function, and I found it in the help files.

I've been playing around with it and managed to get at least one reasonably good result from the rally we went to in Lancaster, CA.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GeorgeandGeri/LancasterMIRally/photo#5172676390985038546

I tried another from the Pomona Rally, but got my exposures off so some parts of the panorama are darker than others. I'll try adjusting those in Photoshop, and I'll try to remember to lock the exposure settings next time!

1 comment:

Linda and Andy Clarkson said...

Thanks for the great pictures! You have motivated me - like Bill motivated you - to play around with the panorama pictures. We just bought a new camera that has the "stitch assist", so I will be trying that out soon. We missed seeing you guys at Pomona, and hope to see you soon somewhere along the way. Thanks again for all the wonderful memories!!!